March 9, 2015 at 1:07 PM
On March 8, 2015 we started publishing our new Mac OS version of the virtual classroom for our MAC users. This is a new native Mac OS application which DOES NOT use Java anymore.
All users running an OS X 10.7 and above will be offered to launch the new app the next time they try attending a live session.
The new application is available for download here: https://www.e-lectazone.com/SetupFiles/OSX/electalive8.dmg
All first-time users will be prompted to install the app.
All users who prefer to use the old Java version can do so following the link on the launch page.
In addition to the improved interface we have introduced all the features that were not available in the Java version but could be found in the Windows application. Now MAC users can benefit from the full functionality of Electa Live.
We have also introduced playback of local el8 files, which was not available in the Java version.
If you need help and support please do not hesitate to contact Electa Live Support here: http://www.support.e-lecta.com
April 15, 2014 at 7:23 PM
As earlier announced in a previous blog post from March 20th 2014 we started upgrading our Windows user to non-java session entry points. This update process has almost completed and most of our Windows users are now using the non-java entry points to enter Electa Live sessions.
Along with the new entry points we are shipping an updated version of the virtual classroom plug-in. Here are some of the changes:
- A moderator shortcut to toggle speaking permissions to all users at once. This option is available from the “Audio” item on the main menu bar.
- A new moderator option to grant whiteboard access to all users at once. The option is available from the “Whiteboard” item on the main menu bar.
- Improved overall appearance on Windows 8 platforms using high resolution
- Fixed a bug while screen sharing on Windows 8 platforms running on high resolution (more than 96 DPI).
- Improved screen sharing performance and quality.
- Added 640x480 px option for live video broadcasting.
-Other minor bug fixes and improvements.
If you need help or any additional information regarding this upgrade please contact Electa Live Support here: www.support.e-lecta.com
March 20, 2014 at 8:42 AM
As you may already know Electa Live is supported on multiple platforms - Windows, MAC OS, Linux, Android phones and tablets. Earlier this year we have added support for Apple iPads and iPhones.
To enable fast and easy access to live sessions Electa Live uses a set of different approaches. One such option for Windows users has been Java.
During the past months however Java has been blocked by many browsers for security reasons. Because of this we have started a process of shifting away from Java as a launch option for our users.
Our software team has successfully developed a new secure and faster entry procedure for our Windows users. This entry point does not use Java. We have already started shifting our existing customers to this easier session launch method. This has already been set in effect for all new customers that are signing up after March 10 2014.
All existing customers will be automatically updated to the new improved entry procedure within the next two months. No service disruptions are expected, nor any changes in exiting schedules or libraries.
As of now this process will cover Windows users only. MAC OS users will still need Java to run live sessions. This however is a subject to change later this year after the release our new MAC OS application for teachers and students which will be available for free download in the Apple MAC Store.
Android and iOS (iPhone and iPad) users already have a secure and Java free entry point using the free Electa Live app from Google Play and App Store.
For any questions regarding the above please feel free to contact our support team at http://support.e-lecta.com
January 17, 2014 at 8:48 PM
We have some great news for you today!
Our iPad/iPhone app is now available on the App Store for all your students and attendees.
With Electa Live for iPad/iPhone you can:
- Attend Electa Live sessions from an email invitation or from a link right from your mobile web browser, or by specifying an event ID.
- Listen and participate in the conversations via the built-in VOIP capability.
- The attendees panel enables users to see who else is attending the meeting.
- View the meeting content including slides, pages, images, whiteboard markup and pointers.
- View live screen shares from presenter’s computer.
- View guided web tours.
- Submit session notes.
- Interact within the session through the use of the gestures toolbar and text chat with presenters and participants.
How to Attend an Electa Live Class or Event:
- Log into your mobile web browses (as if on a regular computer) and access your live sessions as you usually do.
- The site will take you to the App Store to download free Electa Live App the first time you try to attend a live session.
- Alternatively - start the App and enter the event ID as sent to you by your session host; If required, specify a display name or a username and password.
You can also attend a live session by clicking on the link in the email invitation sent to you.
Play back of prerecorded Electa Live sessions is also supported and will be enabled early next week.
More fantastic updates coming soon.
March 28, 2013 at 6:37 AM
Electa Live has introduced a new pricing model for schools and businesses doing one-on-one tutoring sessions. We now provide cost effective packages for one-one-one online training especially designed for organizations having multiple teachers with this kind of tutorials.
Why pay for large virtual classrooms and use just 2 seats? You can now get a set of 5 virtual classrooms for as low as US$49.90 / month, or a package of 10 classrooms for US $89.90 / months, or even a package of 30 classrooms for just US$199.90 per month.
That is not all however! In addition you get absolutely free virtual classroom integration API access to link your virtual classrooms directly to your website so that your students and teachers have their online training sessions on your website. The above packages also put no limits on how many teachers you can keep in your database and of course as usually – no limits on usage.
Have as many live online training sessions as needed, as many times per day as you want.
If interested in getting a package of multiple virtual classrooms for one-on-one tutoring and training please contact Electa Live or visit our website www.e-lecta.com